top of page
Not-So-Fun Facts about Plastic Waste
- Almost 10 billion US tons of plastic has been made since its introduction in 1950.
- Excluding incinerated pieces, Practically every single piece of plastic ever created still exists in some form.
- There is more pollution from micro plastic particles in the ocean than there are stars in the milky way.
- Within every passing 60 seconds, two million plastic bags and one million plastic bottles are purchased all across the world.
- If plastic production continues growing as rapidly as it has, pollution from plastic waste will end up outweighing the amount of fish by the year of 2050.
- In America alone, one hundred billion plastic bags get used and one hundred eighty-two billion five hundred million plastic straws get used yearly, non of which are recyclable or biodegradable.
- It is estimated that on a yearly basis, around 18 billion pounds of plastic waste enters into the oceans from costal regions.
- Less than 20% of all plastic produced globally gets recycled.
- Over eight million US tons of plastic waste gets dumped into the oceans over the course of a year.
- Plastic packaging is considered to be one of the largest contributors to plastic pollution, accounting for more than 40% of all plastic use.
- The production of plastic beverage containers requires about 6 times the amount of water found in the actual container.
- 14% of all litter is from plastic beverage containers
- 91% of all plastic can't be recycled.
Help keep our Earth clean, avoid plastics! Check out our zero waste vegan bodycare products and up-cycled, handmade, art and decor!
bottom of page